I wanted to cry – not because I had been insulted – but because of the message she had just sent her son. In that split moment, she communicated that you’re supposed to ignore the poor and needy; they’re less than human. And if you do interact with them, that’s wrong, wrong enough to deserve punishment.or give money?
One of the major take-aways from this experience was learning more about the blessing of granting someone who is often displaced by society their dignity. No matter whether or not a person gave me money, no one asked my story. No one knew or cared to know how or why I came to be there. No one took the time to truly see me. It came to the point where I just wanted someone to look me in the eyes. Being ignored felt so dehumanizing.Wrong question.
~Quotes from LESS THAN HUMAN
No comments:
Post a Comment