But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. ~Luke 15:20

Friday, December 28, 2012

I knew you were trouble

You know in those dramas, where a girl trips, and a guy conveniently was there for her to fall right into his arms? And how afterwards, the girl is all embarrassed and runs away (Can't escape!) afterwards. And how in your heart, you go "awwwwww" cause it was cute? It's so easy for me (as a guy) to go through these motions or to mimic these scenarios without much emotional weight behind it.

I was looking at the top 10 articles in 2012 for Boundless, and came across this one: What's a Guy to Do?. As I was reading and posting the article on a facebook group, the guilt of all the things I've done comes rushing back, and the accusation of being a hypocrite begins to ring repeatedly. No matter. I may be a hypocrite, but it doesn't mean I can't proclaim truth.

I used to loved teasing girls, and I still love it too much to this day. Not that it is necessarily wrong (although it seems to be a fine line), but it was all about the attention, cause frankly, it's nice to have a girl's attention. I still tease once in a while as part of a conversation (read: joke around), but even then, it seems like a really fine line to walk on. TL;DR: teasing = fine line.

It is by God's grace that I've gotten out of the habit of teasing girls for attention. But I could never take back the thousands of lines of gchat history, nor unhurt the girls who's heart I've mishandled. It was a learning experience that frankly costed others a lot more pain than it did to me.

I know it's lame to apologize through a blog (not to mention that it might not be read), but I don't think digging up the past is a better alternative. If you are one of those girls, I'm sorry, and can issue a more formal apology/discussion if you would like.

On a happier note, I got my act together the last time I started "playing around" with a girl. Hi honey =P.

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Hey man, thanks for sharing this (both article and blog post). As a member of the female population, I just wanted to let you know that your post is appreciated. Let's all (esp. CCF!) make it our goal this year to learn how to treat and care for one another in a manner that honours God!

joanna said...

your post & rosanne's comment really reminds me of the love & good times that we all share at CCF =) miss you guys!